Act now and download your LPI 101-500 test today! Do not waste time for the worthless LPI 101-500 tutorials. Download Most up-to-date LPI LPIC-1 Exam 101 - Part 1 of 2 - version 5.0 exam with real questions and answers and begin to learn LPI 101-500 with a classic professional.
Free 101-500 Demo Online For LPI Certifitcation:
NEW QUESTION 1
When planning a partition scheme, which of the following directories could be considered for separate partitions? (Choose three.)
- A. /etc
- B. /home
- C. /var
- D. /lib
- E. /opt
NEW QUESTION 2
Which command is used to create and initialize the files used to store quota information? (Specify ONLY the command without any path or parameters.)
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 3
Which of the following files, located in a user’s home directory, contains the Bash history?
- A. .bashrc_history
- B. .bash_histfile
- C. .history
- D. .bash_history
- E. .history_bash
NEW QUESTION 4
What does the command mount --bind do?
- A. It makes the contents of one directory available in another directory
- B. It mounts all available filesystems to the current directory
- C. It mounts all user mountable filesystems to the user’s home directory
- D. It mounts all file systems listed in /etc/fstab which have the option userbind set
- E. It permanently mounts a regular file to a directory
NEW QUESTION 5
Which of the following commands changes all CR-LF line breaks in the text file userlist.txt to Linux standard LF line breaks and stores the result in newlist.txt?
- A. tr –d ‘r’ < userlist.txt > newlist.txt
- B. tr –c ‘nr’ ‘’ <newlist.txt> userlist.txt
- C. tr ‘rn’ ‘’ <userlist.txt> newlist.txt
- D. tr ‘r’ ‘n’ userlist.txt newlist.txt
- E. tr –s ‘/^M/^J/’ userlist.txt newlist.txt
NEW QUESTION 6
What is the process ID number of the init process on a SysV init based system?
- A. -1
- B. 1
- C. It is different with each reboot.
- D. It is set to the current run level.
NEW QUESTION 7
Which of the following commands can be used to search for the executable file foo when it has been placed in a directory not included in $PATH?
- A. apropos
- B. which
- C. find
- D. query
- E. whereis
NEW QUESTION 8
In Bash, inserting 1>&2 after a command redirects
- A. standard error to standard input.
- B. standard input to standard error.
- C. standard output to standard error.
- D. standard error to standard output.
- E. standard output to standard input.
NEW QUESTION 9
Which of the following commands is used to change options and positional parameters for a running Bash?
- A. history
- B. set
- C. bashconf
- D. setsh
- E. envsetup
NEW QUESTION 10
Which umask value ensures that new directories can be read, written and listed by their owning user, read and listed by their owning group and are not accessible at all for everyone else?
- A. 0750
- B. 0027
- C. 0036
- D. 7640
- E. 0029
NEW QUESTION 11
Which of the following commands prints a list of usernames (first column) and their primary group (fourth column) from the /etc/passwd file?
- A. fmt –f 1,4 /etc/passwd
- B. cut –d : -f 1,4 /etc/passwd
- C. sort –t : -k 1,4 /etc/passwd
- D. paste –f 1,4 /etc/passwd
- E. split –c 1,4 /etc/passwd
NEW QUESTION 12
From a Bash shell, which of the following commands directly executes the instruction from the file
/usr/local/bin/runme.sh without starting a subshell? (Please select TWO answers.)
- A. source /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- B. . /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- C. /bin/bash /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- D. /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
- E. run /usr/local/bin/runme.sh
NEW QUESTION 13
In the vi editor, how can commands such as moving the cursor or copying lines into the buffer be issued multiple times or applied to multiple rows?
- A. By using the command :repeat followed by the number and the command.
- B. By specifying the number right in front of a command such as 4l or 2yj.
- C. By selecting all affected lines using the shift and cursor keys before applying the command.
- D. By issuing a command such as :set repetition=4 which repeats every subsequentcommand 4 times.
NEW QUESTION 14
Which of the following statements describes a difference between GNU GRUB Legacy and GRUB 2?
- A. GRUB 2 no longer requires a configuration file.
- B. Partition numbers start at 0 in GRUB Legacy and1in GRUB 2.
- C. grub-mkconfigonly works with GRUB Legacy if the--version 1option is used.
- D. The configuration filemenu.lst(andgrub.conf) have been replaced withgrub.config.
NEW QUESTION 15
Which of the following statements is correct when talking about /proc/?
- A. All changes to files in /proc/ are stored in /etc/proc.d/ and restored on reboot.
- B. All files within /proc/ are read-only and their contents cannot be changed.
- C. All changes to files in /proc/ are immediately recognized by the kernel.
- D. All files within /proc/ are only readable by the root user.
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following is correct when talking about mount points?
- A. Every existing directory can be used as a mount point.
- B. Only empty directories can be used as a mount point.
- C. Directories need to have the SetUID flag set to be used as a mount point.
- D. Files within a directory are deleted when the directory is used as a mount point.
NEW QUESTION 17
What is true regarding the configuration of yum? (Choose two.)
- A. Changes to the repository configuration become active after running yum confupdate
- B. Changes to the yum configuration become active after restarting the yumd service
- C. The configuration of package repositories can be divided into multiple files
- D. Repository configurations can include variables such as $basearch or $releasever
- E. In case /etc/yum.repos.d/ contains files, /etc/yum.conf is ignored
NEW QUESTION 18
Which command creates a swap space on a block device or a file? (Specify ONLY the command without any path or parameters.)
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 19
Which of the following options for the kernel's command line changes the systemd boot target to rescue.target instead of the default target?
- A. systemd.target=rescue.target
- B. systemd.runlevel=rescue.target
- C. systemd.service=rescue.target
- D. systemd.default=rescue.target
- E. systemd.unit=rescue.target
NEW QUESTION 20
During a system boot cycle, what is the program that is run after the BIOS completes its tasks?
- A. The bootloader
- B. The inetd program
- C. The init program
- D. The kernel
NEW QUESTION 21
When piping the output of find to the xargs command, what option to find is useful if the filenames have spaces in them?
- A. –rep-space
- B. –print0
- C. –nospace
- D. –ignore-space
NEW QUESTION 22
What of the following statements are true regarding /dev/ when using udev? (Choose TWO correct answers.)
- A. Entries for all possible devices get created on boot even if those devices are not connected.
- B. Additional rules for udev can be created by adding them to /etc/udev/rules.d/.
- C. When using udev, it is not possible to create block orcharacter devices in /dev/ using mknod.
- D. The /dev/ directory is a filesystem of type tmpfs and is mounted by udev during system startup.
- E. The content of /dev/ is stored in /etc/udev/dev and is restored during system startup.
NEW QUESTION 23
Which of the following commands will write a message to the terminals of all logged in users?
- A. bcast
- B. mesg
- C. print
- D. wall
- E. yell
NEW QUESTION 24
When considering the use of hard links, what are valid reasons not to use hard links?
- A. Hard links are not available on all Linux systems because traditional filesystems, such as ext4, do not support them
- B. Each hard link has individual ownership, permissions and ACLs which can lead to unintended disclosure of file content
- C. Hard links are specific to one filesystem and cannot point to files on another filesystem
- D. If users other than root should be able to create hard links, suln has to be installed and configured
- E. When a hard linked file is changed, a copy of the file is created and consumes additional space
NEW QUESTION 25
When given the following command line. echo "foo bar" | tee bar | cat
Which of the following output is created?
- A. cat
- B. foo bar
- C. tee bar
- D. bar
- E. foo
NEW QUESTION 26
Which world-writable directory should be placed on a separate partition in order to prevent users from being able to fill up the / filesystem? (Specify the full path to the directory.)
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
/tmp, tmp,/var/tmp, /tmp/, /var/tmp/
NEW QUESTION 27
Which of the following commands replaces each occurrence of 'bob' in the file letter with 'Bob' and writes the result to the file newletter?
- A. sed '/bob/Bob' letter > newletter
- B. sed s/bob/Bob/ letter < newletter
- C. sed's/bob/Bob' letter > newletter
- D. sed 's/bob/Bob/g' letter > newletter
- E. sed 's/bob, Bob/' letter > newletter
NEW QUESTION 28
After moving data to a new filesystem, how can the former path of the data be kept intact in order to avoid reconfiguration of existing applications? (Choose TWO correct answers.)
- A. By creating an ACL redirection from the old to the new path of the data.
- B. By creatinga hard link from the old to the new path of the data.
- C. By creating a symbolic link from the old to the new path of the data.
- D. By running the command touch on the old path.
- E. By mounting the new filesystem on the original path of the data.
NEW QUESTION 29
Which of the following are init systems used within Linux systems? (Choose THREE correct answers.)
- A. startd
- B. systemd
- C. Upstart
- D. SysInit
- E. SysV init
NEW QUESTION 30
P.S. Certshared now are offering 100% pass ensure 101-500 dumps! All 101-500 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.certshared.com/exam/101-500/ (243 New Questions)