Want to know Testking E20-393 Exam practice test features? Want to lear more about EMC Unity Solutions Specialist Exam for Implementation Engineers certification experience? Study Approved EMC E20-393 answers to Regenerate E20-393 questions at Testking. Gat a success with an absolute guarantee to pass EMC E20-393 (Unity Solutions Specialist Exam for Implementation Engineers) test on your first attempt.
EMC E20-393 Free Dumps Questions Online, Read and Test Now.
NEW QUESTION 1
Through which protocols are backend storage provisioned to the ESXi host when deploying a UnityVSA system?
- A. iSCSI, SMB, and NFS
- B. iSCSI and NFS only
- C. FC, iSCSI, and NFS
- D. FC and iSCSI only
UnityVSA supports SMB, NFS, and iSCSI.
References: https://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu69362.pdf (page 4)
NEW QUESTION 2
When a storage resource has a snapshot taken of it, where are writes to the storage resource written?
- A. New space allocated from the storage resource parent pool
- B. New space allocated in 256 MB stripes from FAST Cache
- C. Existing space of the storage resource
- D. Existing space from the Reserves LUN Pool
NEW QUESTION 3
What is the default NFS host access option?
- A. No Access
- B. Read/Write, Allow Root
- C. Read-Only
- D. Read/Write
NEW QUESTION 4
Which task must be performed on the storage system in order to access a file system read/write snapshot?
- A. Configure Host Access to the LUN snapshots
- B. Configure the NFS/SMB share to the file system snapshot
- C. Connect to the NFS/SMB share of the snapshot
- D. Perform the snapshot “Attach to Host” operation
Read-write snapshots can be made available to hosts as separate shares.
The Shared property is applicable to file snapshots only, and indicates whether the snapshot is currently available to clients as a share. The default value is No, and changes to Yes when the read-write file system snapshot is used to create shares. For read-only file system snapshots, this property is always set to No.
Share – A named, mountable instance of file-level storage, accessible through a file system or VMware NFS Datastore. Each share is accessible through the protocol (NFS or SMB) defined for the file system where it resides.
NEW QUESTION 5
How long will a Copy Back operation take when a hot spare is invoked?
- A. Pro-Active hot spare does not use a Copy Back operation
- B. Copy Back time depends on the RAID type
- C. Copy Back time depends on the disk capacity
- D. Copy Back time depends on the disk type
Note: Starting with Release 24, you can now use a proactive hot spare for proactive disk replacement. Before Release 24 you had to remove the physical disk to replace in order to force a rebuild. During the rebuild phase, the RAID group was "degraded" and at risk.
Three main benefits of using a proactive hot spare: References: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-9419
NEW QUESTION 6
Which feature is supported on a UnityVSA operating environment?
- A. Asynchronous Replication
- B. MCC Write Caching
- C. Quick Start Pool Provisioning
- D. Data at Rest Encryption
Asynchronous Unified Replication is available natively on UnityVSA. This allows file and block resources to be replicated between UnityVSA systems, between UnityVSA and physical Unity systems, and also locally back to the same UnityVSA system
NEW QUESTION 7
What is a characteristic of Automatic UFS64 File System extension?
- A. Array I/O service to clients is disrupted during auto-extension
- B. Allocated space remains unchanged after extend operation
- C. Auto-extension can exceed the file system visible size
- D. File system cannot auto-extend past the provisioned size
NEW QUESTION 8
A storage administrator notices that all the configured HOST I/O Limits policies are Globally Paused. How can the administrator put these policies into the Active state?
- A. Select the Resume option on the Host I/O Limits Settings page
- B. Select the Resume action for each Host I/O limits policy
- C. Select the Active action for each Host I/O Limits policy
- D. Select the Active option on the Host I/O Limits Settings page
NEW QUESTION 9
What is the significance of setting a soft quota limit?
- A. Allows the user the ability to compress the offending data.
- B. Prevents UNIX hosts from encountering a stale mount.
- C. Required to meet SEC regulatory requirements.
- D. Provides a grace period before enforcing the quota limit.
NEW QUESTION 10
Refer to the exhibit.
Which ports are used to connect DAEs to a Unity XT storage array?
- A. 1
- B. 2
- C. 3
- D. 4
NEW QUESTION 11
What technology is used by Dell EMC Unity Snapshots?
- A. Copy on First Write, which requires a storage resource reserved to hold original data that changed to preserve the point-in-time view.
- B. Redirect on White, which requires no storage resource to create a Snapshot, writes are redirected on parent pool.
- C. Copy on First Write, which requires no storage resource is needed to create a Snapshot, writes are copied pool.
- D. redirect on Write, which requires a storage reserved to hold original data that changed to preserve the point-in-time view.
NEW QUESTION 12
What is the correct sequence of steps to provision storage for SMB NAS clients?
Does this meet the goal?
- A. Yes
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 13
A Unity 400 system has Data at Rest Encryption licensed and enabled. Which operation(s) must be performed from the Unisphere Settings window to ensure the system is still operational after SP replacements?
- A. Download Audit Log
- B. Download Checksum
- C. Backup Keystore File
- D. Download Audit Log and Checksum
The keystore is tied to the storage processors, so care must be taken when performing service operations in order to preserve the encryption keys. In the event that the chassis and both storage processors need to be replaced, both storage processors should not be replaced at the same time. Instead, the chassis replacement should be followed while retaining one SP until the array is back online before replacing the second SP. In the case that storage processors have already been replaced at the same time and the keystore was lost, the keystore may be restored from an external backup.
NEW QUESTION 14
A system administrator is configuring asynchronous remote replication for an existing NAS server and its associated file systems on a Unity system. What action(s) will meet the requirements?
- A. Manually create replication sessions for each file syste
- B. The system will automatically create a session for the NAS Server.
- C. Manually create NAS Server replication sessio
- D. The system will automatically create sessions for the associated file systems.
- E. Manually create replications for each associated file syste
- F. Then manually create a session for the NAS Server.
- G. Manually create NAS Server replication session firs
- H. Then manually create replication sessions on each of the associated file systems.
NEW QUESTION 15
What functionality is provided by the Unity UFS64 Enterprise File System architecture?
- A. File systems scaled up to 16 TB.
- B. QoS controlled by density-based policies.
- C. Up to 64,000 sub-directories per directory
- D. Space reclamation of unused blocks.
NEW QUESTION 16
In Unisphere, a storage administrator has inadvertently disabled Data Reduction on an existing LUN.
What would result from this action?
- A. A background LUN migration occurs, moving the data to a new LUN where it is inflated.New data is neither deduplicated nor compressed.
- B. Existing data is left in its current state.New data is neither deduplicated nor compressed.
- C. Existing data is dynamically inflated to its full size, undoing the impact of deduplication and compression.New data is neither deduplicated nor compressed.
- D. Data Reduction, once enabled, cannot be disabled.New data is deduplicated or compressed.
NEW QUESTION 17
A company has a VMware host installed with FC HBAs that is connected to a Dell EMC Unity XT storage array. A 500 GB LUN is provisioned to this host from the Unity array and is in production. The VMware administrator has configured a new vSwitch with the NICs on the server intended for iSCSI traffic. The storage administrator is asked to configure software iSCSI and provision a new 1 TB LUN from the storage array via iSCSI.
What is a consideration when satisfying this request?
- A. A connection must be established between the host iSCSI initiators and Unity iSCSI targets before provisioning the new LUN
- B. Any single host should connect to any single array using one protocol only
- C. The iSCSI configuration must use all the NIC connections to the host
- D. Two iSCSI target interfaces must be configured with IP addresses from separate subnets
NEW QUESTION 18
A storage administrator has purchased a UnityVSA and asks your recommendation on how to provision the storage to their ESXi host. Based on Dell EMC best practices, what should you recommend?
- A. Thick Provisioned
- B. Thick Provision Eager Zeroed
- C. Thin Provisioned
- D. Thin Provisioned Eager Zeroed
References: https://www.emc.com/collateral/white-papers/h15093-dell-emc-unity-best-practices-guide.pdf (p.11)
NEW QUESTION 19
100% Valid and Newest Version E20-393 Questions & Answers shared by Dumpscollection.com, Get Full Dumps HERE: https://www.dumpscollection.net/dumps/E20-393/ (New 297 Q&As)